The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is dedicated to creating economic impact through tourism. The effects of our "invisible industry" benefit everyone living in Dane County in key areas including jobs, community services and quality of life. The latest important economic information released by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism clearly shows that travel and tourism brings additional dollars to the Greater Madison economy.
We invite you to read our 2014 Year in Review, which highlights many of the measures of our success.
What We Do
• Attract new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community
• Provide expert service and support to existing and repeat events
• Share comprehensive and easy-to-access information with visitors
• Conduct and analyze tourism research
• Build our local economy!
Why it Matters
• Tourism may be an invisible industry, but an estimated 14 million people visit Greater Madison on an annual basis. In 2014, visitors contributed $1.9 billion dollars in total business spending, which supported more than 20,405 full-time equivalent jobs in Dane County.
• In 2014, our organization booked 162 conventions, conferences and sporting events that will take place in future years, which will result in more than $54.9MM in future spending in Dane County.
• Tourism is often the first impression of our community for potential business investors and innovators who may become residents that, in turn, expand our intellectual capacity and growth. Our efforts help make an impactful impression of the greater Madison area.
Not only do we strive to live out our brand promise of Going>Beyond>VisitTM each and every day—we have fun while doing it! Meet some of the newest members of our team and get the behind-the-scenes scoop on what inspires us to be the best ambassadors for our amazing destination.
Two members of our leadership team were recently honored for their roles in the tourism industry. President and CEO Deb Archer was one of five women recognized in In Business Magazine's Women of Industry awards. And Rebecca Ramsey received the President's Award from the PCMA Capital Chapter, the largest PCMA chapter serving Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
For additional information about the GMCVB, Madison Area Sports Commission or Spirit of Greater Madison, please contact us at any time.