The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is dedicated to creating economic impact through tourism. The effects of our "invisible industry" benefit everyone living in Dane County in key areas including jobs, community services and quality of life. The latest important economic information released by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism clearly shows that travel and tourism brings additional dollars to the Greater Madison economy.
We invite you to read our 2013 Year in Review, which highlights many of the measures of our success.
What We Do
• Attract new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community
• Provide expert service and support to existing and repeat events
• Share comprehensive and easy-to-access information with visitors
• Conduct and analyze tourism research
• Build our local economy!
• Tourism may be an invisible industry, but 14 million people visit Greater Madison on an annual basis. In 2013, visitors contributed $1.8 billion dollars and supported more than 19,000 full time equivalent jobs in Dane County.
• In 2013, our organization booked 110 conventions, conferences and sporting events that will take place from 2013-17, which will result in more than $39.6MM in future spending in Dane County.
• Tourism is often the first impression of our community for potential business investors and innovators who may become residents that, in turn, expand our intellectual capacity and growth. Our efforts help make an impactful impression of the greater Madison area.
Not only do we strive to live out our brand promise of Going>Beyond>VisitTM each and every day—we have fun while doing it! Meet some of the newest members of our team and get the behind-the-scenes scoop on what inspires us to be our best as ambassadors for our amazing destination.