What We Do
• Attract new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community
• Provide expert service and support to existing and repeat events
• Share comprehensive and easy-to-access information with visitors
• Conduct and analyze tourism research
• Build our local economy!
• Tourism may be an invisible industry, but 14 million people visit Greater Madison on an annual basis. In 2012, visitors contributed $1.7 billion dollars and supported over 19,000 full time equivalent jobs in Dane County.
• In 2012, our organization booked 105 conventions, conferences and sporting events that will take place from 2013-17, which will result in more than $41.8M in future spending in Dane County.
• Tourism is often the first impression of our community for potential business investors and innovators who may become residents that, in turn, expand our intellectual capacity and growth. Our efforts help make an impactful impression of the greater Madison area.
We are proud to announce our newest honor, "Most Helpful CVB," as determined by the readers of Wisconsin Meetings magazine! Not only does this mean we are living out our brand promise of Going>Beyond>VisitTM with every visitor to our region—it means that we have been recognized by our peers in the industry. We look forward to more opportunities to exceed your expectations!
But we don't stop there. It's important to the GMCVB to take care of the people who take care of their customers as well. We are proud to say we've been nominated for Madison Magazine's "2014 Best Places to Work" list, which will be announced in April 2014.