The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is dedicated to creating economic impact through tourism. The effects of our "invisible industry" benefit everyone living in Dane County in key areas including jobs, community services and quality of life.
As we prepare to celebrate National Travel and Tourism Week this May 3-11, we look forward to revealing updates to the economic indicators that are one of the many measures of our success.
What We Do
• Attract new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community
• Provide expert service and support to existing and repeat events
• Share comprehensive and easy-to-access information with visitors
• Conduct and analyze tourism research
• Build our local economy!
• Tourism may be an invisible industry, but 14 million people visit Greater Madison on an annual basis. In 2012, visitors contributed $1.7 billion dollars and supported over 19,000 full time equivalent jobs in Dane County.
• In 2012, our organization booked 105 conventions, conferences and sporting events that will take place from 2013-17, which will result in more than $41.8M in future spending in Dane County.
• Tourism is often the first impression of our community for potential business investors and innovators who may become residents that, in turn, expand our intellectual capacity and growth. Our efforts help make an impactful impression of the greater Madison area.
Earlier this year, we received recognition from our industry peers as Most Helpful CVB and we're proud of it! Not only do we strive to live out our brand promise of Going>Beyond>VisitTM each and every day—we have fun while doing it! Meet our team and get the behind-the-scenes scoop on what inspires us to be our best as ambassadors for our amazing destination.