What We Do
• Attract new conventions, sporting events and competitions to the community
• Provide expert service and support to existing and repeat events
• Share comprehensive and easy-to-access information with visitors
• Conduct and analyze tourism research
• Build our local economy!
• Tourism may be an invisible industry, but 14 million people visit Greater Madison on an annual basis. In 2012, visitors contributed $1.7 billion dollars and supported over 19,000 full time equivalent jobs in Dane County.
• In 2012, our organization booked 105 conventions, conferences and sporting events that will take place from 2013-17, which will result in more than $41.8M in future spending in Dane County.
• Tourism is often the first impression of our community for potential business investors and innovators who may become residents that, in turn, expand our intellectual capacity and growth. Our efforts help make an impactful impression of the greater Madison area.
The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is pleased to announce it has been awarded certification through 2017 from the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP). This certification recognizes management organizations that have achieved a significant measure of excellence amongst rigorous industry standards. GMCVB is one of an elite group of convention and visitor bureaus in the world to earn this accreditation, and has been accredited in the program since it began in 2008. Learn more.