FOOD EVENTS & TOURS
For those who love to learn, look no further than Greater Madison, where there are more opportunities to taste test than you can even imagine!
For the beer lover, Madison provides tours of local breweries and fun festivals to enjoy throughout the year. If wine and spirits are more your style, Wollersheim Winery or Old Sugar Distillery are don't-miss destinations. Madison also features an abundance of foodie-focused events to keep you satisfied--all it takes is an open stomach and a trip to one (or all!) of these area events:
FOOD & DRINK EVENTS
FOOD & DRINK TOURS AND ATTRACTIONS
- Ale Asylum - Tasting room available seven days a week.
- Babcock Hall Dairy Store - This is a free tour; however, tours require one week notice, a minimum of ten people and scheduling between 9:00-11:00 a.m. Smaller groups are welcome to visit the observation deck, no reservations required.
- Betty Lou Cruises - Themed breakfast, lunch and dinner cruises run from mid-April through mid-October, Monday-Sunday.
- Ehlenbach's Cheese Chalet - Family-owned cheese chalet features Sissy the cow and more than 100 kinds of Wisconsin cheeses and sausage. Also gourmet items, domestic wines, and a wide variety of Wisconsin memorabilia. Buses welcome.
- Eplegaarden - Norwegian apple orchard and pumpkin patch. Open through Thanksgiving.
- Fireside Dinner Theatre - Live Broadway musicals and dining in a unique entertainment complex. Visit website or call 800-477-9505 for ticketing information.
- Fisher King Winery - Taste five wines for $5 at their tasting room in downtown Mt. Horeb.
- Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co. - Housed in a Victorian-era hotel building, the downtown Great Dane features a view of the brewing area from the main barroom, a separate main dining area, a outdoor beer garden and a basement rathskeller.
- Hop Head Beer Tour Co. - Visit microbreweries and brew pubs in a motor coach! Tours are customizable.
- Madison Eats - Experience Madison's renowned local food scene while exploring charming and vibrant neighborhoods by foot and B-cycle. Savor ethnic eats, seasonal and artisan foods, craft beers and more.
- Madison Food Explorers - Explore Madison's best food and vibrant neighborhoods on a walking food tour! Enjoy food samples from renowned local chefs while experiencing the area's rich history and architecture.
- National Mustard Museum - World's largest collection of mustards, some available for purchase and tasting. Monday-Friday, 10:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- New Glarus Brewery - Free self-guided tours and gift shop open Monday-Sunday, 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. or $20 per person Hard Hat Tour on Fridays at 1:00 p.m. Tasting Room Samples - $3.50.
- Old Sugar Distillery - Open Thursdays and Fridays, 4:00-10:00p.m. Saturdays open noon-10 p.m. Email to schedule a private tasting or tour.
- Schuster's Playtime Farm - Farm fun with plenty of food available, including apple cider donuts, hand-dipped apples, apple sundaes, and more. Private reservations available May-October; open to the public September-October 31.
- Vetro Winery - Offering three different tours, all followed by a tasting of 6-8 wines.
- Wisconsin Brewing Company - Tours run Tuesday through Friday at 4, 5 and 6:00 p.m.; Saturdays and Sundays, approximately every hour, 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. View tour availability and schedule your tour online.
- Wollersheim Winery - Tours run daily between 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m., year round. Tours last one hour and end with a wine tasting. $5 for adults, and children 11 & under are free. Wine tasting without the tour is free.