Food Events & Tours
For a behind-the-scenes look at eateries that provide a sneak peek for those who love to learn, look no further than Madison, which offers more opportunities to taste test than you can even imagine!
For the beer lover, Madison provides tours of local breweries and fun festivals to enjoy throughout the year. If wine is more your style, Wollersheim Winery and the Madison Food and Wine Show are don't-miss destinations. Madison also features an abundance of foodie-focused events to keep you satisfied-all it takes is an open stomach and a trip to one (or all) of these area events:
Food & Drink Events
Food & Drink Tours and Attractions
- Ale Asylum - Tasting room available seven days a week.
- Babcock Hall Dairy Store - This is a free tour; however, tours require 1 week notice, a minimum of 10 people and scheduling between 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Smaller groups are welcome to visit the observation deck - no reservations required.
- Betty Lou Cruises - Themed breakfast, lunch and dinner cruises run from mid-April through mid-October, Monday - Sunday.
- Capital Brewery - Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Make reservations online with the on-line tour guide scheduler of call (608) 836-7100. $5 per adult.
- Ehlenbach's Cheese Chalet - Family-owned cheese chalet features Sissy the cow and more than 100 different kinds of Wisconsin cheeses and sausage. Also gourmet items, domestic wines and a wide variety of Wisconsin memorabilia. Buses welcome.
- Eplegaarden - Norwegian apple orchard and pumpkin patch. Open through Thanksgiving.
- Fireside Dinner Theatre - Live Broadway musicals and dining in a unique entertainment complex. View website or call (800) 477-9505 for ticketing information.
- Fisher King Winery - Tasting room available.
- Hop Head Beer Tour Co. - Offers excursions to visit microbreweries and brew pubs. Tours are customizable. Tours include motor coach transportation, tastings and discussions on the bus.
- Madison Food Explorers - Walking Food Tours. Daily, 12:30pm-3:30pm. Reservations required. $43 per person.
- National Mustard Museum - World's largest collection of mustards. Mustards available for purchase and tasting. Monday - Friday, 10:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- New Glarus Brewery - Free self guided tours and Gift Shop open Monday-Sunday, 10:00am-4:00pm or $20 per person Hard Hat Tour on Fridays at 1:00 p.m. Tasting Room Samples - $3.50.
- Old Sugar Distillery - Open Thursdays and Fridays, 4-10 p.m. Saturdays open Noon-10 p.m. Email to schedule a private tasting or tour.
- Schuster's Playtime Farm - Farm fun with plenty of food available, including apple cider donuts, hand-dipped apples, apple sundaes, and more. Private reservations available May - October; open to the public September - October 31st.
- Wisconsin Brewing Company - Tours run Tuesday through Friday at 4, 5 and 6 p.m.; Saturdays and Sundays, approximately every hour, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. View tour availability and schedule your tour online.
- Wollersheim Winery - Tours run daily between 10:00am-4:00pm, year round. Tours last one hour and end with a wine tasting. $5.00 for adults, and children 11 & under are free. Wine tasting without the tour is free.