Bascom Hill Historic Architecture Walking Tour
- Presented By: Madison Trust for Historic Preservation
- Dates: 6/17/2021, 7/8/2021, 7/31/2021, 8/28/2021
- Location: Wisconsin Historical Society, Library Mall Entrance
- Time: Saturday tours at 11am; Thursday tours at 6pm
- Price: $10; $5 for students
Climb the hill to see Old Abe, good luck symbol to generations of UW students. The UW campus is packed with history and architecture galore, from stately brick and sandstone buildings of the 1850s to “the worst building in the history of American universities.”
This tour requires strenuous walking uphill.
Thursdays June 17 and July 8 at 6 p.m.; Saturdays July 31 and August 28 at 11 a.m. Tours are approximately 1.5 hours in length.