Bike Month Challenge
- Presented By: Greater Madison MPO, City of Madison and Love to Ride Madison
- Dates: May 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Greater Madison Area
- Price: Free
Bike Month is a national celebration of biking and Love to Ride is running a fun competition between communities and workplaces to see which can get the most staff, friends and family to ride a bike during May.
It’s not about who can ride the most miles, but about encouraging as many people as possible to set themselves biking goals and ride for health, happiness and fun.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Everyone can join in – from regular riders to people who haven’t been on a bike in years (or ever!)
- Individuals only have to ride for ten minutes to go into the drawings for prizes and help their organization climb the leader board (long enough to experience the joy of riding a bike and overcome some mental barriers to riding, and short enough to be an easy first step to taking-up riding).
- Earn points by riding and encouraging others – the organizations which earn the most in May will win in industry and size categories.
- Spread the love - encouragement is at the core of the Bike Month Challenge and we want people to invite their co-workers, friends and family to take part
- There are some amazing prizes to be won by participating and encouraging others to rediscover riding
- The Bike Month Challenge is based on a tried and tested challenge model – we’ve engaged over 570,000 people worldwide, including 132,000 ‘new riders’ (people who haven’t ridden a bike or have only ridden a few times in the 12 months prior to registration)