Join us for an outdoor tour of The Cider Farm Orchard in Mineral Point, Wisconsin. A highlight of the harvest - see the apple press in action!
Walking tour – One-hour, half-mile tour of The Cider Farm’s organic orchard set in the beautiful Driftless Area.
Cider tasting – With a glass in hand, meet the trees and taste the cider they make.
Make it a picnic – We offer tour tickets that include a charcuterie box and cider to enjoy on the farm after the tour.
Tour and tasting led by owner, orchardist, and Certified Pommelier™, Deirdre Birmingham
Tour The Cider Farm Orchard to see the unusual apple varieties used to make our ciders and apple brandy. Learn how we manage them organically and enhance the natural environment of our 166-acre farm near Mineral Point in Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region. You’ll have the opportunity to taste three different ciders made from the orchard’s apples including our limited-release, Dabinett Cider. The tour will be just over one hour; afterward, you are welcome to walk around the orchard, woodlands, and prairie.
When fall arrives it's time to press the apples. And that's what you will see!
[video width="1280" height="720" mp4="https://www.theciderfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/pressing-rose-video-2.mp4"][/video]
A few items to note about the tour:
- Be prepared to walk approximately half a mile. The terrain is varied, be prepared for uneven ground, stones, and maybe mud depending on the weather.
- Wear sturdy footwear. No open-toed shoes.
- We suggest long pants and socks.
- All tour participants must be 21 years or older.
- We suggest you bring a water bottle, sun protection and dress for the weather.
- Arrival and parking – once you arrive, follow the parking signs and meet near the farm building.
- Cell phone reception may be limited.
- Please note this is NOT a normal orchard. We are not open to the public. Our apples are cider apples and not the apples sold for eating, baking, etc.
- Porta-potty on site.
- Water hydrant to refill your water bottles.
- There are no picnic tables, just bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and find a grassy spot that suits you to enjoy your charcuterie box.
- No pets allowed. We have 3 dogs and they think that is plenty.
- No smoking.
Meet your tour guide!
Deirdre Birmingham is co-owner and manager of The Cider Farm and a Certified Pommelier™ by the American Cider Association. She started the orchard by taking a grafting class with her husband, John Biondi, in 2003 to learn how to make the tannic cider varieties they felt were important to the quality ciders they envisioned. She has learned by trial and error how to grow organically the English and French varieties in our Midwest climate.
Purchase tickets by clicking the link below.
Tour only: $25 per person
Tour and charcuterie box and cider: $49 per person
If tickets are sold out, email email@example.com with your number of requested tickets.
Cancellations/refunds will be accepted up to 48 hours before the tour. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate cancellations after this date. We can move your ticket to a future orchard tour.
In the event of inclement weather, the tour will be rescheduled to Sunday, August 20 at the same time.