About the Festival
Join Clean Lakes Alliance at The Edgewater for the Frozen Assets Festival! We’ll have FREE, family-friendly activities on frozen Lake Mendota! Thank you to our presenting sponsor Lands’ End, platinum hosting sponsor The Edgewater, and our other sponsors for making this community event possible.
FREE Festival Activities - Sat, Feb. 8, 2020
All Day: (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- “Kites on Mendota” display with Wisconsin Kiters Club
- Face painting with Funny Faces Family Entertainment
- Hot chocolate & s’mores roasting
- Sleigh rides on Lake Mendota
- Pond hockey & snowshoeing
- Ice skating (plus $3 rentals)
- Curling demos
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Ice science lab with UW Center for Limnology
- Noon – 1 p.m. Bucky Badger appearance
- Speed skating demonstration with Olympic gold medalist Casey Fitzrandolph
- Central Midwest Ballet performance
- Trinity Irish Dancers performance
- Breakthrough Dance Company performance
- Figure Skating Club of Madison performance
Frozen Assets Festival Evening Events
Sunday, February 2nd – Friday, February 7th, 2020
The Edgewater & Lake Mendota
Sunday, February 2nd – Super Bowl & Skating
Rink opens at 10 a.m. • Super Bowl at 5 p.m.
Come to The Edgewater and watch the Super Bowl in the Boathouse or skip the game for a Sunday skate on the outdoor ice rink.
Monday, February 3rd – Women in Water & Sustainability
Doors open at 3:30 p.m. • Program 4 – 4:45 p.m. • Networking 4:45 – 6 p.m.
Hear local women present their latest water research and have the opportunity to network and discuss the presenters’ findings. All registered guests will receive a complimentary beverage.
Tuesday, February 4th – Kids’ Night Featuring Bucky Badger
Rink opens at 4 p.m. • Bucky Badger appearance at 6 p.m.
Skate with our favorite Badger under the stars and warm up with free hot chocolate! Kids under 12 skate free.
Wednesday, February 5th – Date Night
Spa opens at 9 a.m. • Rink opens at 4 p.m. • Fondue dinner at 6:30 p.m.
Enjoy a mid-week date with 2 for 1 skate rentals and rink access. Stay for a fondue dinner in the Wine Room (reservations required) and relax with couples’ spa specials.
Thursday, February 6th – Ice Thaw Networking
4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Swing by after work for networking, taco specials, and tequila tasting! All registered guests will receive a complimentary beverage.
Friday, February 7th – Night Ice
Bars open at 6 p.m. • Band starts at 7 p.m.
Escape the winter blues with LIVE music, themed bars, full-size ice sculptures, and more – all on The Edgewater Grand Plaza! This NEW, can’t-miss event is sure to become a Madison winter favorite!