Holiday Express Flower & Model Train Show
Closes at 2 p.m. December 24
Closed all day December 25
The poinsettias are blooming and the trains are back on track. All aboard the Holiday Express!
Enjoy large-scale model trains churning through a festive scene overflowing with hundreds of poinsettias and fresh evergreens. Each year, Olbrich’s creative horticulturists design and carefully construct a unique environment for visitors to explore.
This year’s show theme is Trains, Planes, and Automobiles – so get your tickets out, make sure your tray tables are in the upright position, and buckle up!
During the show, members of the Wisconsin Garden Railway Society come from all over the state to show off their large-scale model trains. Depending on the day, you might see a bullet train, steam train, Santa train, circus train, or freight train.
Safety measures are in place to ensure a safe, socially distanced experience:
- Face masks required indoors
- Reduced capacity in exhibit viewing area
- Timed tickets must be reserved in advance
- Holiday Cafe not offered this year; carry-in water bottles allowed
Timed tickets must be reserved in advance. Olbrich members still receive free admission, but must reserve free tickets in advance to help manage capacities.
Tickets will go on sale HERE on Tuesday, November 16, beginning at 10 a.m.
(Price includes admission to the tropical Bolz Conservatory)
$6 - General Public
$3 - Children 6 & up
FREE - Children 5 & under
FREE - Olbrich Members
Additional processing fees apply to each reservation.
Need assistance purchasing tickets? Help is available on weekdays, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Send an email to OlbrichPrograms@cityofmadison.com or call 608-243-0156. On weekends, ticket assistance is available onsite at the Gardens.
- Tickets are non-refundable & non-transferable
- In the event of extreme weather, Olbrich may cancel the Holiday Express for that day.
- Cancelation notices will be posted to the homepage of this site and to Olbrich's social media channels.
- Tickets for canceled viewings will be refunded in 3-5 business days. Patrons can repurchase tickets for another available date at their convenience.