Marquette Bungalows Historic Architecture Walking Tour
- Presented By: Madison Trust for Historic Preservation
- Dates: 8/12/2021, 9/11/2021
- Location: The small parking lot behind Marquette Elementary School
- Time: Saturday tours at 11am; Thursday tours at 6pm
- Price: $10; $5 for students
What’s a Jerkinhead?
In just two city blocks, you’ll learn about these unique Craftsman-style bungalows that are modest yet so appealing. (And you’ll be able to identify a jerkinhead!) They weren’t designed by trained architects, but by craftsmen working for the Karrels Building Company between 1924 and 1929.
Thursdays June 3 and August 12 at 6 p.m.; Saturdays July 3 and September 11 at 11 a.m. Tours are approximately 1 hour in length.