Monona Farmers' Market
- Dates: May 24, 2020 - October 4, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday
- Location: Ahuska Park
- Time: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
WELCOME TO MONONA FARMERS MARKET
2020 Updates & Safety Measures
Sunday, May 17, 2020 marks the opening of the Monona Farmers Market’s 17th season. The market will be open every Sunday through October.
Faced with restrictions and social distancing measures implemented in the COVID 19 Safer-At-Home orders, the volunteer Monona Farmers Market Board developed an operational plan detailing how volunteer workers and vendors could safely conduct sales. Approval for the plan was granted by Public Health Madison and Dane County and the Monona City Council.
Over the years, the Monona Farmers Market has established itself as an award winning market, last year proudly receiving Best of Madison Gold award.
This year, the same quality of goods and services will be offered only in a different way. Approximately twenty-four returning market vendors will continue to offer top quality fresh, local produce, meat, cheese, eggs, honey, baked goods, salsa, spices, popcorn, soaps and plants.
Products will be sold following the WI Safer-AT-Home orders and UW Extension guidelines.
- As the season begins, hours will be from 9:00 to 12:00 noon.
- There will be an entrance and an exit with hand washing stations for vendors and customers.
- Face masks are required.
- Vendors will be spaced to allow customers to maintain safe distance from each other.
- To promote safe distancing, children will not be allowed and only one person per group/family will be admitted.
- As always, pets are not allowed.
- To maximize safety there will be no picnic tables, no food sampling, or eating at the market.
- Only vendors will touch products until sold.
- Signs and volunteers will help with new practices.
To make healthy, local food available to everyone, EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is available again this year.
The Double Dollars Program, a farmers market incentive program will be available later in the season. The official start date will be announced when known.
The market is located at Ahuska Park, 400E. Broadway. Parking is free.
For general questions or volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.