Old Market Place Historic Architecture Walking Tour
- Presented By: Madison Trust for Historic Preservation
- Dates: 7/24/2021, 8/26/2021
- Location: Capital City Masonic Lodge #2
- Time: Saturday tours at 11am; Thursday tours at 6pm
- Price: $10; $5 for students
Divergence by the Lakeshore
A tour of this near east-side neighborhood between East Washington and the shore of Lake Mendota will demonstrate how a historic factory, water utility building and school have been adaptively repurposed into apartments. See both Madison’s earliest African American neighborhood and lakeside homes of the well-to-do.
Thursdays June 24 and August 26 at 6 p.m.; Saturdays June 5 and July 25 at 11 a.m. Tours are approximately 1.5 hours in length.