Join us for an outdoor tour of The Cider Farm orchard in Mineral Point, Wisconsin.
Tour The Cider Farm orchard to see the unusual apple varieties used to make our ciders and apple brandy. Learn how we manage them organically and enhance the natural environment of our 166-acre farm near Mineral Point in Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region. You’ll have the opportunity to taste three different ciders made from the orchard’s apples including our limited release, Dabinett Cider. The tour will be just over one hour; afterwards you are welcome to walk around the orchard, woodlands and prairie.
Make it a picnic! Bring a picnic blanket or chairs and advance order a boxed cheese board and cider for you to enjoy on site. Be sure to select the Cheese & Cider add-on when purchasing your tickets.
A few items to note about the tour:
- Be prepared to walk approximately a half of a mile. The terrain is varied so be prepared for uneven ground, stones and possibly a bit of mud.
- Wear sturdy footwear. No open toed shoes.
- We encourage you to wear long pants and socks.
- All tour participants must be 21 years or older.
- We suggest you bring a water bottle and sun protection. Dress for the weather.
- Arrival and parking – once you arrive, follow the parking signs and meet near the farm building.
- Cell phone reception is limited.
- Please note this is NOT a normal orchard. We are not open to the public. Our apples are cider apples and not the apples sold for eating, baking, etc.
- Porta-potty on site.
- Water hydrant to refill your water bottles.
- No picnic tables, just bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and find a grassy spot that suits you for the cheese and cider option.
- No pets allowed.
- No smoking.
- No refunds within 48 hours of the event. A small processing fee may be incurred for refunds.
More about the tour!
Deirdre Birmingham is co-owner and manager of The Cider Farm. She started the orchard by taking a grafting class with her husband, John Biondi, in 2003 to learn how to make the tannic cider varieties they felt important to the quality ciders they envisioned. She has learned by trial and error how to grow organically the English and French varieties in our Midwest climate.
Purchase tickets below.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations/refunds will be accepted up to 48 hours before the tour. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate cancellations after this date.
RAIN DATE: If the orchard tour is rained out the tour will move to Sunday at the same time.
*If the tour is sold out, email email@example.com with your number of requested spots in case there are cancellations.