A little about the Komen Race for the Cure …
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer ever created.
- Participants raise significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement. The event celebrates breast cancer survivorship, recognizes individuals living with metastatic breast cancer and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
- This Race is unique in the fact that 100% of the net proceeds are allocated to our mission. 75 percent of the net income stays in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25 percent of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program.
Reasons to Race …
- One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Because every minute, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer.
- And because, breast cancer knows no boundaries- be it age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic location.
- We continue to Race because at the current rate, 13 million breast cancer deaths around the world will occur in the next 25 years.
But, when you participate and fund raise for the Race, we fight these statistics together. In 1980, the 5-year relative survival rate for women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer (cancer confined to the breast) was about 74 percent. Today, that number is 99 percent! Komen has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. This progress was made with your continued support and together we can reach our vision of a world without breast cancer.
Register, volunteer, or just come out and support the runners. Be Bold. Be Fearless. Be More Than Pink!
- Times: 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Admission: $30.00