Use science to shape a better world at this free monthly event for kids and families! Create pledges and science crafts to share as gifts, dive into hands-on activities to fuel the super power of creativity, explore ideas with UW students, support our planet and be a champion of sustainable practices, discover amazing heroes of science and how you can be one too and more.
Saturday Science at Discovery is a monthly series that features interactive exploration stations centered around a particular topic. Families and learners of all ages are invited to explore hands-on science fun during this free drop-in event, which generally is held from 10 a.m. until noon on the second Saturday of each month in the Town Center of the Discovery Building.
- You do not need to check in when you arrive.
- Station posters have instructions and inspiration to get you started.
- Adults are encouraged to participate alongside youth so everyone's creativity, curiosity and skills can flourish.
- There is no required order for the stations. Your curiosity can guide you through the expo.
- We have many volunteers who support the event, so please help us show them our appreciation!
- Times: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Admission: Free