Tea & Trains is a holiday tradition for Madison area families, enjoying time together while raising money to support Madison Children’s Museum. This special event features signature train collections by guest conductors, activities for children and families and, of course, our annual holiday high tea with hot chocolate. Find gifts, take family photos, craft keepsakes, and make memories to last a lifetime. Tea & Trains is a treat for the young and young at heart.
All proceeds from Tea & Trains support the museum’s Access for Everyone programs, helping all families play, create, imagine, and learn together. As Tea & Trains is a fundraiser for the museum we do not offer discounted tickets to museum members.
Activities at Tea & Trains 2018
- Holiday high tea featuring gourmet food and treats to delight all ages
- Conductor Joe Schappel’s private American Flyer electric train collection, plus interactive train toys
- Find gifts for every member of the family in our Tea & Trains Silent Auction
- Storytime with special guest, Andi Brooks of Q106 FM, reading The Day the Crayons Quit, by Drew Daywalt illustrated by Oliver Jeffers
- Winter arts and crafts with members of the Madison Children’s Museum staff
- Magic and balloon animals from our strolling magician and balloon artist
- Live photo booth by Celebrations Entertainment
Special add-on experiences:
- Formal family portraits by Beth Breidel Design & Photography
- Doll hair styling salon staffed by American Girl Benefit Sale volunteers
- Toy basket raffles featuring three bountiful baskets of toys, perfect for gifting
- Times: 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Admission: $35 for adults and children over 1 year, free for children under 1 year