Work parties are a great way to practice ecological restoration, learn about the Arboretum plant communities, and make friends. Activities include cutting brush from remnant and restored areas, removing invasive plants, and burn unit preparation.
Volunteer for restoration activities and learn about prairies and savannas. Tools and training provided. Groups welcome with advance notice. Meet at Arbor Dr. parking lot, off Monroe St.
Work parties are 9 a.m.–12 p.m. on Saturday mornings. Locations rotate during the month as follows:
- First Saturday: Wingra Oak Savanna. Meet at the parking lot, on Arbor Drive just off Monroe Street.
- Note: Monroe Street is under construction June–November, and only one eastbound (toward downtown) lane is open. Allow extra time to reach this parking lot. Starting June 2, the first Saturday work parties will take place in the Grady Tract.
- Second Saturday: Core Area and Curtis Prairie. Meet at the Visitor Center.
- Third Saturday: Grady Tract. Meet in the Grady Tract parking lot, southeast corner of Seminole Highway and W. Beltline Frontage Road.
- Fourth Saturday: Core Area and Curtis Prairie. Meet at the Visitor Center.
- There are no work parties on the fifth Saturday in a month.
- Times: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM