Welcome to the Capital of Cheese! In these 60 minute virtual tastings get a tour of Wisconsin’s cheese heritage as we combine entertaining food, science, and history education with a fun sampling of the best artisan cheeses in the United States.
Our Cheesemongers are ready to share their impressive knowledge of cheese, Wisconsin, and the many ways cheese is produced, paired and enjoyed.
All experiences include a tasting kit for two, filled with 3-5 types of cheese, companion guide and ingredients, cheese menu, tasting guide, and cheese paper to appropriately wrap leftovers (if there are any!).
Choose from three different classes, based on your interests.
- Cheese 101/ Dairyland: Learn where cheese comes from and how we make it in Wisconsin. For this class, we’ll talk cheese history, basic cheese science, milk types, cheese types and how to taste cheese. It’s broad and basic, interesting, and delicious!
- How to Create a Great Cheese Board: The perfect cheese plate enhances any event. Learn how to pick appropriate cheese, perfect pairings and how to make an amazing presentation. Take your skills to a party, or casual night for two at home.
Interested in a customized private class for your group?
Just as there are many variations of excellent cheeses behind the Fromagination cheese counter, participants may also request a specialized tasting and tour with emphasis on activities for children, dairy industry history, specific cheese types, etc.
In operation since 2007, Fromagination is a nationally recognized source for top artisan cheeses located across from the State Capitol in downtown Madison, Wisconsin. It’s location in the “Capital of Cheese” also gives Fromagination a natural platform for telling the important stories of many wonderful cheese makers and their creations.
This is an Essential Madison Experience, a hands-on experience designed just for you. It's authentic, immersive and uniquely Madison. Click to see the full collection.
Essential Madison Experience
- Availability: Wednesday, Thursday or Friday afternoons and evenings
- Cost: $75-$90 per kit
- Food & Beverage:
- Maximum # of Participants: 200
- Minimum # Participants: 10
- Offers Virtual Experiences:
- Private Group Bookings: