Why Meet in Madison?
What does it look like when you combine biotech powerhouses, world-class research institutes and premier teaching hospitals?
It looks like Madison. A city where the future of healthcare is forged. Where you can connect with industry leaders on the cutting edge of innovation.
Be part of the future. Meet in Madison.
Peers Who Brought Their Meetings Here
- World Stem Cell Summit
- International Herpesvirus Conference
- Health Physics Society
- American Society for Virology
- UW Health Public Affairs
- International Short Break Association
- Wisconsin Nurses Association
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Association of Free & Charitable Clinics
- Wisconsin Association of School Nurses
- American Physiological Society
- Wisconsin Medical Society
- Wisconsin Alzheimer's Institute
- SPARTAN — Spondyloarthritis Research and Treatment Network
- Breast Cancer and the Environment Research Project
Number of Speakers
UW-Madison features 40 expert speakers in the health, nutrition and biotechnology industries. For a full list, and to request a speaker, visit Badger Talks.
- Development of a surgical technique to remove external tumors
- Identification of wavelength of ultraviolet light that causes skin cancer
- Foundation for combination drug therapy
- Foundation for US FDA adoption of sun protection factor (SPF) ratings
- World's first test of gene gun technology in cancer patients
- Exact Sciences created Cologuard — first and only FDA-approved stool DNA-based screening test
- Nobel Prize geneticist Joshua Lederberg discovered sexual reproduction of bacteria
- Nobel Prize-winning biochemist Har Gobind Khorana synthesized the first gene
- World's first laboratory-derived human embryonic stem cells
- Healthcare accounts for 12 percent of total regional employment
- 63,000 in healthcare workforce
- 2,765 healthcare establishments
- Fittest City in America — Fitbit
- #2 Most Walkable City in America — Expedia
- #3 Top Ten Healthiest Cities — Livability
- Best healthcare quality in America — Federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- UW Health
- SSM Health
- UnityPoint Health – Meriter
- American Family Children's Hospital
- Monroe Clinic
- Exact Sciences
- Epic Systems
Building the Future of the Industry
8,500 industry-applicable degrees per year in the region
Wisconsin's biohealth industry is healthy and growing, a report shows – Wisconsin State Journal
9 Titans in the Madison health care industry – Madison Magazine
Madison Region Economic Partnership
UW Carbone Cancer Center History
MORE INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL SUBJECT AREAS
Passion reverberates throughout Madison. From youth soccer fields to the pulsing energy of Camp...
Madison holds a special place in history. Earth Day. Wildlife management. They both started here....
What do you get when you bring your engineering meeting to Madison? Access to one of America's...