Dear Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) Partner:
Thank you for your interest in being part of the Greater Madison Experiential Tourism Project.
In order for the GMCVB and your organization to achieve maximum benefit and results from the program, the following working guidelines and requirements have been established. By applying for this program, your organization authorizes and commits to:
- Collaborating with the GMCVB and Joe Veneto of Opportunities Unlimited to facilitate the development, creation, and staging of unforgettable, immersive, and new experiential products for visitors
- Obtaining organization authorization to provide ongoing, internal support and participation
- Designating an authorized individual from your business to be the project contact
- Providing the resources necessary within your organization to achieve mutually agreed upon goals for the experience
- Designing and directing the research based on your business for scripting and story development to support your experience, so Joe Veneto can provide guidance, direction, and support
- Adhering to the schedule, attending and participating in mandatory group and individual meetings facilitated with Joe Veneto on a monthly or bi-monthly basis to assist you in developing, crafting, scripting, and staging your experience(s); these will be scheduled and attended by a representative of the GMCVB team
- Completing mandatory action items and next steps provided by Joe Veneto and GMCVB, following each meeting in a timely manner before the next meeting
- Developing Web content and a landing page(s) to support your new experiences and provide a link from your experiences to visitmadison.com.
- Creating and developing appropriate sales and marketing initiatives to support your experiential offerings and product sales efforts
- Establishing an experiential product goal annually and reporting confidential monthly sales results with zip codes of participants to the GMCVB
- Training staff and maintaining appropriate staffing levels to support new experiential product(s) to ensure sustainability of product experience
- As our partner in this project, providing 12 complimentary experiences to GMCVB to be used by GMCVB for clients, travel writers, and experiential development sponsors between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019
- Agreeing to have GMCVB staff (up to 30 people) attend the experience(s), at test time or soon thereafter, to assist in marketing and telling the story of the experience to visitors, travel writers, tour operators, conference, event goers and meeting/event planners
- Agreeing to be a GMCVB partner in good standing for the duration of the development and marketing of the experiential tourism project
- Agreeing to invest $500 per month for seven (7) months towards the development costs with 50% ($1,750) due on February 16, 2018, and the remaining $1,750 due on May 30, 2018. In the unlikely event that a partner drops out of the program at any point in the development process will owe GMCVB full participation costs.
- Participating businesses unable to meet deadlines may forfeit continuation in the program while still being required to remit remaining fees.
Application deadline has now passed.