Greater Madison plays host to hundreds of fabulous stores, from locally owned boutiques to major malls. No matter the reason or the season, it's easy to plan a "shop 'til you drop" weekend here!
Start off your experience in the heart of Madison at retailers that stand out in the shopping category:
When food and gifts are on your list, don't miss these destinations that include locally owned, universally loved shops:
- Bavaria Sausage—Authentic, old world German sausages made in Madison for more than 50 years.
- Chocolaterian Cafe—An unforgettable dessert and chocolate experience; home of Christine's Toffee & Caramels.
- Ehlenbach's Cheese Chalet—A Swiss chalet in DeForest that features more than 100 different Wisconsin cheeses plus sausages and other gourmet foods to give as gifts.
- Fromagination—A specialty cheese shop celebrating Wisconsin artisanal cheesemakers and imaginative pairings with artisan breads, fine wines and charcuterie.
Or, try these stores that offer unique gifts that go from antiques to art and everything in between:
- Odana Antiques—Madison's largest antique center featuring styles from Art Deco to Mid-Century to Victorian and every era in-between.
- Orange Tree Imports—An incredible combination of culinary delights, specialty food and gifts located in Madison's Monroe Street neighborhood for more than 40 years.
If concentrated areas of shopping is more what you're looking for, Madison has many marvelous malls with a variety of stores:
- Greenway Station—An "outdoor mall" with more than 35 retailers that collectively create a shopping and dining experience.
- Hilldale Shopping Center—Recently expanded to include many new stores, such as Lush, Sur La Table, Apple, and Lucky Brand.
- East Towne Mall—Located less than a mile from I-90/94 and contains three major department stores, more than 75 specialty shops, and 16 restaurants and eateries.
- West Towne Mall—More than 120 different stores to choose from, including many restaurants.
- Outlets at the Dells also offers 30-70% off retail prices at favorite brands such as Nike, Under Armour and Disney and is located just off I-90/94 in the Dells.
- Downtown—Some of Madison’s most eclectic shops are located right in the heart of downtown. More than 350 shops, galleries, and boutiques, eaters, and more make downtown a diverse shopping experience with something for everyone.