What’s it like working at Destination Madison?
It’s like trying on every vibe that makes Madison so memorable. It’s knowing about—and checking out—all the best fairs and fests. Going behind the scenes at new venues or meeting celebrity chefs. Promoting locally owned and locally grown. Being part of a staff that loves to laugh. Giving back by volunteering on our lakes. And moving Madison forward in all the important ways. We can authentically say you’ll learn something new every day. Find current job openings.>
For more than 50 years, we’ve been:
- Bringing conventions, meetings and events to Madison. We’ve welcomed everyone from IRONMAN (and women!) to championship cows to climate scientists to tabletop gamers to gay volleyball players.
- Sharing Madison must-dos. Whether visitors are here extending a convention stay, for a weekend getaway, as a proud parent of a UW-Madison student or relocating as a resident, we introduce visitors to our city in a way that’s playful and helpful! From trending TikToks to engaging e-newsletters to printed pieces like maps and more, we’re a one-stop-shop for finding out about don’t-miss Madison experiences.
- Developing our destination. Our focus on creating connections with partners, elected officials and media means we’re at the table for destination discussions that impact infrastructure improvements. Our work to influence direct flights, new venues and visitor-friendly policies makes Madison a place people want to work, live and visit.
Want to join the Destination Madison team?
We’re always working to build a diverse team that values a variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Every day, in so many ways, we strive to recognize and reward people who exemplify our values: inclusive, curious, encouraging, accountable and authentic. The result? A 2022 Employee Survey with rave reviews:
A sampling of our perks:
- Location, location, location: We’re situated right on the Capitol Square + offer free parking or bus passes
- Hybrid work environment: We believe flexibility inspires creativity
- Focus meets fun: We balance our calendars with friendly competitions, community outings, and more!
- Ample time off: We achieve balance via plentiful paid holidays, vacation, wellness, and volunteer time
- Generous benefits: We promote whole body wellness via health, dental, EAP and 401k plans
- Access and discounts: We make it easy to experience local events and attractions so we can be better ambassadors!