Why Meet in Madison?
Welcome to the heart of dairyland. Where the future of agriculture is cultivated. And the industry's history and future collide.
The discovery of vitamins. The development of the butterfat content test. The first cloned plant gene. All major innovations spawned in Madison.
And the future? The University of Wisconsin-Madison continually pushes the boundaries of what's possible.
Go back to your roots. Meet in Madison.
Peers Who Brought Their Meetings Here
- World Dairy Expo
- Clydesdale Breeders of the USA
- American Hereford Association
- American Society of Animal Science
- American Junior Shorthorn Association
- U.S. Grains Council
- International Foodservice Editorial Council
- International Plant Propagators' Society
- Wisconsin Holstein Association
- Biodynamic Association
- World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology
Number of Speakers
UW-Madison has 53 expert speakers in the science, agriculture and biotechnology industries. For a full list, visit Badger Talks.
- Discovery of the first vitamin
- Development of butterfat content test
- First cloned plant gene
- Nation's first rural sociology professor
- Development of disease resistance in cabbage, onions, potatoes, beans, peas and cucumbers
- Created techniques necessary for artificial insemination of livestock
- 20 percent of Destination Madison's meetings over the past five years have been in the agriculture industry
- Wisconsin has more than 8,500 dairy farms (more than any other state)
- Wisconsin makes 27 percent of the nation's cheese
- 11.9 percent of Wisconsin's employment comes from agriculture
- Madison features 60,000 jobs in agriculture and 20 percent of the state's industry workforce
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Center for Dairy Research
- Hormel Foods
- Kerry Foods
- Del Monte
- Seneca Food Corporation
- McCain Foods
- Colony Brands
- Associated Milk Producers
- ASB Global
- Landmark Coop
Building the Future of the Industry
3,000 industry-applicable degrees each year in the region.
University of Wisconsin-Madison Wisconsin Food Processing
Madison Region Economic Partnership
Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
UW-Madison College of Agricultural & Life Sciences Website