114th Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies Annual Meeting
September 22 – 25, 2024
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
WELCOME TO MADISON
We are so proud and excited to be the host of the 114th Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies Annual Meeting. Being one of only two U.S. cities on an isthmus, Madison's lake-city-lake landscape creates a one-of-a-kind destination to experience!
Madison's Fun Facts
- The city is home to over 260 parks, 6,000 acres of parkland and more than 200 miles of off-road and multi-use paths and trails.
- Madison's official city bird is a flamingo.
- The city contains five glistening lakes.
- A city ordinance prevents any new building from being taller than the Capitol dome.
- In 1988, The Onion was founded by Tim Keck and Christopher Johnson, students at UW-Madison
- Nirvana recorded its breakthrough album Nevermind in Madison.
- Elvis Presley famously broke up a street fight in Madison in 1977.
- The Dane County Farmers' Market (located on the Capitol Square) is the largest producer-only market in the U.S.