Our sweet spot for events is 1,500 attendees but we’ve hosted up to 10,000. More importantly, we have a solid track record of helping planners increase attendance. Our major meeting facilities include:
- The Frank Lloyd Wright-designed, LEED Certified Monona Terrace® Community & Convention Center, located on the shores of sparkling Lake Monona. A few features include:
- 40,000 square-foot exhibition hall o 14,000 square-foot ballroom
- 310-seat multimedia lecture hall
- 68,000 square-foot rooftop garden and event space o Attached to 240-room Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
- The Alliant Energy Center of Dane County, a 164-acre campus located at the gateway to downtown Madison. This facility is also LEED Certified and includes:
- Two, state-of-the-art exhibition pavilions with 290,000 total square feet
- 155,000 square-foot exhibition hall o 75,000 square-foot coliseum
- 20 acres of natural green space with two ponds and electrical power o Attached to 140-room Clarion Suites Hotel
- Accommodations options include:
- There are 9,000 rooms in Greater Madison
- Our hotel mix includes full-service, four-star hotels, urban convention and boutique hotels, more modest accommodations, plus unique and classic B&Bs.
- Many of our accommodation partners offer meeting space—ranging from elegant ballrooms to unique venues for breakout meetings and more.
Peers Who Brought Their Meetings Here
Below is a sampling of some of the many convention events we’ve hosted:
- Wizard World Comic Con
- World Dairy Expo
- Society of American Foresters
- U.S. Conference of Mayors
- International Herpesvirus Conference
- National Farm to School Network
- North American Association for Environmental Education
- World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology (coming in 2019)
- World Stem Cell Summit
“Thank you, team Madison! You guys were there every step of the way, and we had the most attendees we’ve had in a decade—more than 1,750. Attendees loved the event, and those who completed the survey gave us a 4.2 out of 5 stars for overall experience at this event.”
–Christopher Whited, Senior Director of Marketing & Conventions, Society of American Foresters
Rocking the Rankings
Greater Madison has earned all sorts of accolades over the years. A few recent examples include:
We’ve also earned the praise of planners and attendees who bring their meetings to Madison. Results from recent exit surveys show:
- 100% of respondents said Madison met or exceeded expectations as an event destination.
- 77% responded that attendee excitement about the destination was an important part of their selection.
- 77% of planners rated us as good or excellent in service areas including responsiveness.