Going green for your meeting? You’ve come to the right place. Madison has been home to some of America’s greatest environmental pioneers: Aldo Leopold, John Muir, John Nolen and Gaylord Nelson .
What does that mean for you? You’ll meet in environment-friendly facilities that share your values. Make a mark without leaving one. Go green in Madison.
Frank Lloyd Wright design and LEED Platinum Certification? It's the perfect blend of style and function. The Monona Terrace® Community & Convention Center not only meets platinum certification standards but exceeds them. Its water usage level is 43% below the LEED benchmark, and energy use comes in 27% below similar facilities across America.
ALLIANT ENERGY CENTER
The Alliant Energy Center was the largest organization in Madison to receive Travel Green Certification for its efforts to build sustainable tourism. It's abundant green space on Willow Island and environmentally friendly purchasing practices are distinct initiatives. The Alliant Energy Center also partnered with Johnson Controls to implement energy-saving measures in its Exhibition Hall. Measures include energy-efficient lighting and upgrades to reduce gas emissions.
GREEN MEETINGS IN MADISON, WI
Destination Madison is proud to welcome environmental associations to Madison on an ongoing basis. Below is a sampling of the symposiums and conventions we've hosted here:
- Society for Conservation Biology
- North American Association for Environmental Education
- Society of American Foresters
- The Wildlife Society
- American Fisheries Society
GREEN CITY FACTS
Here in Madison, we're proud of the efforts our city is making toward sustainability. Below is a non-comprehensive list of some of Madison's green facts.
- More than 40 buildings, including the Dane County Regional airport and the Monona Terrace, have earned Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certifications.
- Madison tops national rankings in number of parks in relation to population with 12.7 parks per 10,000 residents.
- When in Madison, you are never more than a 10-minute walk from a park.
- Madison has been named the greenest city in Wisconsin on several occasions.
Looking for even more sustainability resources? Check out our blog on how to be a sustainable visitor in nature.